Monday, October 17, 2011

My Weekend vs. Perfect Weekend

This weekend,  I did what I usually do: work, work and work some more. I worked 6.5 hours Friday night with my two favorite people, Tyler and James. Then came in Saturday and worked 4.5 hours for lunch and another 4.5 to close. Sunday I went back to work another 4.5 hours. Saturday we were busy as usual. I got to meet Chelsie, who normally works during the day, when she does actually show up for work. She had some obvious problems, that I wish not to discuss on here. She worked for about a half hour, then went home. Saturday night was interesting! Tyler, our driver, almost got into a fist fight with someone he had supposedly 'cut off' in the parking lot. This gentleman was showing some major signs of steroid rage, and eventually calmed down and realized that the whole situation was a complete mistake. Sunday was an extremely busy day at work! I think by the end of lunch shift we ended up doing $1,200 in sales, if not more. On top of that we were short-handed, and one of the gentlemen working has a mental disability so that only made things move slightly slower, no offense to him.

The perfect weekend to me would be one that involved lots of relaxing and laying around. The weekend of fall break was very close! I took off of work, went back home to Joplin and spent time with friends and family. The best part was not having to worry about work, school or anything else! The ability to relax mentally and physically was amazing! Plus, I was home! It was so nice to be back home, even though it didn't look the same, and I wasn't necessarily in my home. I cannot wait to move back and be back there permanently. The only thing that could have made that weekend better is if I had gotten the chance to see some more of my friends. Most of the people I went to high school with moved on to bigger universities and didn't have their fall break until this week. Therefore, most of them weren't home. I did manage to go back to a football game and see some old teachers and friends. I greatly enjoyed being home again, and relaxing! An alternative to a perfect weekend would be a beach vacation! I love sitting in the sand and feeling the warmth of the sun on my face while listening to the waves crash upon the beach. On dreary days like these I long for the sunshine and sand! I'm hoping to get to go to Florida (where my mom grew up) this summer. I would love to go for Christmas, but I don't think that will happen until next year, maybe. Taking time off work is never an easy thing to do, but I feel that it's necessary every once in a while to maintain your sanity. All work and no play drives a person crazy!

No comments: