Friday, September 16, 2011

Camping and the toilet paper roll

I remember the summer of my sophomore year my best friend, Cassey Schulze, was dating a boy named Justin. He lived in a close town out in the woods on an open farm with his grandpa that he was taking care of at the time. Mulitple times during the summer we would go down to the pasture and camp next to the pond. We would go early in the day and set up our tent and get wood for the fire so that when we got there later that night we could just relax and have fun hanging out with friends. Now, to preface this coming story I have to tell you a small piece of information that you might not want to know. My best friend is the type of person that cannot go to the bathroom by herself. So, we were out camping one night, and of course came the moment when she had to pee. Justin suggested that I just drive her up to the house so that she didn't have to pee in a bush. However, Cassey insisted that she was not afraid of peeing in the bush. So off she hiked to a nearby tree, pulled down her pants and proceeded to use the restroom. When she was done she realized that one important piece of information had not crossed her mind - we had NO toilet paper. She screamed to me and asked if I had anything in my car that we could use (because I am the type of person that keeps EVERYTHING in my car). I scrambled looking for anything to use: a napkin from a fast food restaraunt, a rag that I no longer needed, anything that could be of assistance to my best friend. My magical car that had once contained everything I thought I needed had failed not only me, but Cassey as well. Eventually, she opted to use the classic Girl Scouts leaf method. However, from that moment on, we always included toilet paper in our camping supply list.

No comments: