Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Free Write 9/28

"Get 'from' the day, not just 'through' the day" - Jim Rohn

Another quote I know that goes well with this is, "It's not about the number of breaths you take, it's about how many moments take you're breath away." Life isn't abot just getting through the day it is about learning from it and growing as a person. We all have hard days and easy days, but you learn something new every day! Sieze as many opportunities as you can to learn something new, because it will help you with the next day, and so forth. Life is not about just going through the motions, you have to stop and smell the roses every once in a while. Stop and take time to appreciate life or you'll get to where you have none left regret how you spent it. For me, it's hard to enjoy time that I spend by myself, but once I get in a crowd of people I find myself wishing that I had time alone. Everyday that I spend sitting at home relaxing is a day that I cherish when I find  myself at school among thousands of people. Cherish the time you spend at places, because one day they could be gone and you'll have nothing but the memory left behind. I was overjoyed to be walking out of my high school, saying that I would never go back. Now that it's gone, I wish I had spent just a few more minutes standing among the halls because I can never do that again. Though a new school will be rebuilt it will never be MY school again. Get memories from the day, because those last forever. Take as many pictures and document as much as you can, because that will live on well after you're life is gone. Tell as many stories as you can to younger generations so that you're memories become someone else's memories. Don't just go through the day, live the day! Be happy and enjoy it, because it's one day you can't get back.

No comments: