Friday, September 23, 2011

Today I choose happiness.

Last night, was just one of those nights. I got into a fight with my father about some things and as I sat in my bed sulking in my own sorrow a thought came to my mind: "Tomorrow is a new day." I pondered that for a while then I chose to go along with it. I knew that I would fall asleep, and wake up to a new day full of happiness, because I wanted it to be. I knew that no matter what had happened last night that today was a new day, meant for new things. It did happen to help that today my best friend, her mother and sister, my Grandpa and Nana are all coming into town. After this class I get to go enjoy lunch with my grandparents at Olive Garden. I get to sit and have endless salad and bread sticks with alfredo sauce! Then I get to go and watch my best friend's sister, who is practically my own sister, win another softball game! I have to work, but it is with the two people I love working with the most! Then I get to come home and have my best friend and her mother stay with me - the first people I have had stay at my house, since I've lived there! I have told them both about my place but they have never seen it since I have decorated and cleaned and got all situated. Dispite the argument with my father, it wasn't the first and I'm sure it won't be the last, I knew that today would be a good day. It is one more day of living and breathing and that makes it one more day of happiness.

No comments: