Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Good Habits

I would like to get in the habit of waking up early, like BreAnn. For the past couple of days I have been asleep before midnight and awake around 8 or 8:30. This has given me time to sit down and enjoy my breakfast, and take my time showering and getting ready. It's been nice not having wake up, throw clothes on, eat while I'm driving and be flustered trying to find a parking spot on time to make it to my class. I think I appreciate the day more when I have time to sit and relax rather than be pressured to make a deadline. I'm going to try and make it a habit to get to bed early and wake up earlier than usual. However, I know that come Saturday when I close there will be a kink thrown in the machine. If I close at work I don't get out until 12:30-1 am, then I get home and I'm wide awake and I don't get to sleep until around 2:30-3. I'm tired the next day, and it just starts a horrible cycle of bad things. It isn't something that I can change anytime soon though. I'm stuck with the closing shift, until I switch to days next semester and start a new work and school schedule. Despite this, I'm going to still make an attempt to continue the good habit I've been on, in hopes that it will make life a little more enjoyable. If I'm enjoying the day, I'm happier and nicer to those around me and it just continues a cycle of good things.

No comments: